Hey loves! I feel like you guys have been on my weight loss journey with me. I’m always posting what I eat, my work outs, new recipes, and things I’ve learned on my snap chat (stephgmacedo). This is the first full progress photo in one of the same pieces I did a look with from September 2016. I maintained my starting weight for awhile until I decided to start my journey in January. I’ve always said that I like the mirror to show my progress rather than the scale. My scale is used for body fat and muscle stats, I try to ignore the weight number. Your body fat, muscle, water, and so many other factors have a huge affect on that number we hope goes down every week. Sticking to the facts, my activity, and my stats is what works for me. Thank you guys for all of your sweet and positive comments about my progress so far! XO
I was very full in my face, I tend to gain a lot there. In this photo I’m wearing a shaper. My waist and tummy area was much fuller, this has been where I’ve lost the most. You will also notice I had a fuller chest.
MY WEIGHT LOSS DETAILS
My height: 5′ 1″
My starting weight: 160 lbs (End of January 2017)
My current weight: 142.4 lbs
Current body fat: 32% (I started around 42%)
Current muscle: 35.1%
Starting clothing size: US 8/10 Current clothing size: US 4/6
Calories I eat per day: 1500-1550
Macros: I don’t track these exactly but I am still mindful of my proteins, fats, and carbs.
How many days I work out: 3-4 days a week for 1-1.5 hours, mostly weight lifting & incorporating HIIT (1 hour/week)
My workout routine: 75% weight/resistance training, 25% HIIT.
Where I lost the most: Face, Chest, arms, & tummy
My goal: I don’t have goal weight because I don’t believe in a number on the scale anymore. My goal is to have a toned body, build muscle (Don’t picture the hulk. It’s almost impossible for us ladies), & lower my body fat.
FIND OUT HOW MANY CALORIES YOU SHOULD EAT
EXAMPLES OF WHAT I EAT & DRINK
I weight all of my meals using this scale below. Click the photo to shop. All of the calories are approx. for each meal I put below. I suggest weighing the items and calculating them.
Below are examples of meals and drinks I have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
1. Water. Everday, all day. I drink about 3 L a day, sometimes 4.5 L.
2. My iced green tea protein latte – Click here for my recipe! (100 calories) *Add boiled water instead to make it a latte.
3. Coffee (my everything) with almond milk, 1 tspn raw sugar (25 calories) sometimes with 2% milk (50 calories)
1. Weekday – Multi grain or flax pita bread, full egg or egg white, ham slice, swiss cheese slice (355 calories)
2. Weekend – 5 Slices of Bacon, 3 small eggs or 2 large, 1 whole wheat toast, grilled potatoes (575 calories)
3. Fruit smoothie – Banana, strawberries, blueberries, black berries (175 calories)
1. Salmon, thai or basmati rice, green beans or salad (600 calories)
2. Beef Pho (500 calories)
3. Chickpea salad with romaine lettuce, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, balsamic dressing with grilled chicken (475 calories)
1. Lara bites Double Chocolate – I usually eat 2 of them when I have a sweet tooth. Buy them here (4 bites – 130 calories)
2. Blueberries (40 calories)
3. Kalamata olive and cucumber salad with apple cider dressing (80 calories)